Obermeyer Warranty and Repairs
Obermeyer offers a limited lifetime warranty against defects in materials and workmanship. Obermeyer's non-transferable warranty is on items purchased through an Authorized Obermeyer Dealer to the original owner with proof of purchase.
Obermeyer's Limited Lifetime Warranty means that your garment will be free of manufacturer defects for a practical life span of the product—it does not mean the garment will last your lifetime. Lifetime of a product is determined by the amount and type of use plus care of the garment. All garments eventually show signs of wear, and wear-and-tear is not covered under Obermeyer's Limited Lifetime Warranty.
How will Obermeyer assess my garment's condition?
First, we will determine if the garment is under warranty coverage. At Obermeyer's sole discretion, we will first try to repair a warrantied item; if we can't repair the item, we'll replace it at equal value. Be advised that Obermeyer will repair to functional utility, however sometimes a repair looks like a repair. Zippers, pulls, logos and snaps will be repaired or replaced to the best of our ability. Obermeyer uses custom colors and snaps and we may no longer have the original zipper color or snap design in stock.
Obermeyer does not perform personal alterations.
What is not covered under Obermeyer's limited lifetime warranty?
• This warranty does not cover damage caused by accident, improper care, negligence, normal wear-and-tear, incorrect laundering, natural UV fading of colors, or natural breakdown of colors and materials over time and/or usage.
• Pant legs slashed by your ski edges are not covered under our warranty.
• Goose down feather pull-through is normal and not warrantied.
• Faux fur.
• Damage to water repellent coatings due to duct tape, melting, or abrasion.
• Obermeyer does not warranty purchases through consumer resale sites such as Craig's List, eBay, or any used clothing stores.
• Counterfeit products.
How do I start a warranty claim or repair?
Follow these steps:
- 1. Please contact us at email@example.com. We ask that you include multiple photos of the defective item clearly showing the damage and the overall garment, along with style information and your shipping address.
- 2. Another option is to bring the garment to the authorized Obermeyer dealer where the item was purchased. Remember to bring your receipt and understand that individual stores’ policies may vary.
- 3. If you are asked to send in your Obermeyer garment for repair you must wash the garment. Government regulations require that all garments be cleaned before returning, or they will be returned as-is, unrepaired.
- 4. Write the WARR ticket number clearly on the outside of the box, and ship the product to:
Sport Obermeyer Warranty
14185 East 42nd Avenue
Denver, CO 80239.
Please Note: This needs to be 3 lines so it looks like a normal address on a letter as it stands out more clearly
Include your name, telephone number and street address (no P.O. boxes) with the shipment.
How long does a typical warranty repair order take?
Depending on the time of year, you may expect a 2-4-week turnaround. Winter is our busiest repair time, please plan for longer turnaround times. If you need your item repaired in a hurry you must check in advance to see if we can accommodate your request.
Who pays for the shipping on a return?
Obermeyer is happy to cover return shipping and the cost of repair on qualifying warranty claims. Shipping to Obermeyer is your responsibility. Obermeyer recommends shipping with a service that can provide tracking information, we are not responsible for packages lost in transit to Obermeyer.
• In Europe, Obermeyer offers a 2-year policy and is subject to individual country's laws and regulations.
• Within the U.S., rights under U.S. warranty laws vary state-to-state.
• In Canada, warranty rights may vary by province.
Can I order a replacement zip-off sleeve, goggle wipe, belt, hood, etc. for my jacket or pant?
Sorry, due to storage, production, and constantly progressing designs, we cannot replace lost components.